I have a very uninspiring pile of mending slash alterations staring me in my face, right on my sewing table. Sometimes it’s a little bigger, sometimes smaller but it NEVER disappears! Although sometimes I do try to hide it in a box or under the bed but it invariably finds its way back to the table. And I just cannot get my head around starting a new project when this is taunting me every day.
Today The Pile consists of
1. Couple of The Blokes workshirts, one needs a button replaced, the other who knows?
2. 2 pairs of jeans that need knee patches
3. A very nice vintage paisley skirt that needs to be resized
4. A wool nappy cover that needs the elastic replaced
5. A dress that needs a hook and eye
6. A top that needs a hook and eye (ooh think there’s a theme happening here)
7. A pair of leggings that need new waist elastic
Ho hum indeed as Pooh would say!