Friday, July 31, 2009

Patternmail!

Online shopping is a lifesaver for me – the closest fabric store is just over 100km away so it is far cheaper to buy online than fill the 6 cylinder with a tank of gas to make the 3 hour round trip just to buy a pattern.
Plus Miss C has an undying hatred for the car seat so trips have to be carefully orchestrated around her sleep times.
As Sewingpatterns.com recently had all McCalls patterns for US$2.99, I picked out a mid season top and winter dress pattern to add to the stash.



So even when you account for the exchange rate and international shipping costs it’s still cheaper for me to buy this way. And they get delivered straight to my door in about a week yippee! In fact I do most of my fabric/pattern/notions purchases online these days.

So next step is to do some actual sewing. I am pretty skint at the moment so I have raided the fabric stash and come up with a fabric palette for summer.



What do you think?

3 comments:

Sally said...

What a great idea! Love the collection - I often do cuts outs for inspiration in the garden - yet haven't thought to do it for my sewing xxx

sandra said...

Hi Sally
I have realised that this is the only way to keep track of all my fabric. When I get some new fabric I cut a swatch and keep it in a binder with notes on the fibre content and how much I have got so when it comes time to sew I don't have to go digging through all my boxes of fabric!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love your blog!

RuthieK
http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.com/