Friday, September 4, 2009

Getting organised

The clever folks over at PatternReview currently have a wardrobe contest running – sew 10 garments in 12 weeks! Just the motivation I need to get serious about making a proper summer wardrobe.

In addition to making the target number of garments my own personal goal is to only use patterns and fabrics from the stash. Not that I have a choice as I have ZERO discretionary fabric funds at the moment.

I am allowed to buy notions, but given that my local op shop sells zips for 20c this shouldn’t be a problem!

So here's the plan Stan:



I have picked out a mostly black and white theme, based around a black chambray and the stripe cotton seersucker that I used for the harem pants. I do have a tan cotton drill that will be a jacket of some sort, and I thought that as it is summer, instead of lining, I might bind the seams with a watermelon cotton print that will be my token nod to colour!

First cab off the rank will be the stretch tops.

Nice and quick and will give me a chance to test out some Burda WOF patterns.

A garment a week from here on in, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment