Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Looky what I found!

A copy of Winifred Aldrich’s Metric Pattern Cutting! For one dollar!
Actually it was less than a dollar because I got a few other things as well.



But boy am I chuffed. I have been on the lookout for a copy for ages but even used ones go for at least US$50 and all my patternmaking notes from College are long buried in the store room and as I don’t make patterns all the time I often forget details, especially grading and stuff, so I really needed a proper reference book.
We used the Aldrich books as a reference in College, as they are industry standard as opposed to home dressmaking, and they are brilliant; easy to follow, lots of pics and very clear instructions.

The best bit is the chapter on how to draft your own set of blocks based on your personal measurements, which will come in very handy when Miss C leaves home and I can spend more time sewing!

Now all I need is the childrenswear one.

Better go and donate some stuff to charity now to balance up the karma.

1 comment:

  1. The op-shop gods have been smiling on you! Especially as you've been on the lookout for the book for a while, too.
    Hey,maybe that's why I haven't gotten lucky for a while.. I do have a big stash that needs giving away!

    ReplyDelete