Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One week...three tops

I reckon that this has to be my most productive week ever!

Here are the three completed versions of Simplicity 2593 from my last post.


Why so glum chum? Cos I can't figure out how to take a decent photo!


Hmmm...perhaps I should spend less time sewing and more time on home renovations...this is my lounge room wall!!!!


Here's the third top, in an African style print.


The neck frill starts at one shoulder and goes around the back and finishes at other shoulder.

I really like how they all turned out, and this has to be the first time that I have actually used a commercial pattern more than once (I am a Gemini after all and can be very fickle when it comes to patterns!).

So even though we are starting to cool down now for Autumn it will be lovely to pull these out next summer and having something cool and fresh to wear.

4 comments:

Karin said...

These all look great. I always feel so satisfied when I use a pattern more than once. I feel that I am "amortizing" my costs! :)

Eugenia said...

What gorgeous tops. I love them all, the fabrics you have chosen are beautiful. What a successful week you have had!

Sandra said...

I LOVE these! I'm also obsessed with this pattern having made 2 for myself and turned one into a dress for a friend. But I've never thought of altering the neckline.

~ Kim ~ said...

Great tops. I like the orangey one. I am Gemini too and I tell you it's a curse! I never start anything but I hoard patterns and can't seem to pick the right fabrics. lol.