Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tis the season......

...for new patterns Ho! Ho! Ho!

Finally Vogue have released some new styles that I find appealing. For what it’s worth here is my pick:



Even though the Donna Karan dress is an evening style, I think that this could work in a lightweight linen or even a cotton print. I love love love the Anna Sui dress, but I would probably wear this slightly shorter over jeans than as a dress. And the saggy baggy dress is just my cup of tea! I have a feeling that this won’t be popular, the print they have made it up in is some kind of weird Little House on the Prairie combo but in the right fabric this might pass for Marni (still I could be being slightly optimistic there!).

The jumpsuit though is on my hmmmmm list. I like the idea of jumpsuits, I like seeing other people wearing jumpsuits, but me in a jumpsuit in the town where I live could be very very wrong.

I was all geared up to buy these when Vogue had their $3.99 sale but then discovered that their international shipping rates have jumped from $12 for 3 patterns to $20!!! Which means it’s cheaper for me to wait and buy them locally, not happy!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am loving the Anna Sui dress. I'm also a fan of jumpsuits ..... on other people. I think that if I went out in public wearing one people would definitely be pointing and laughing at the crazy lady wearing the clown suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that jumpsuit! Although I reckon it could do without the patch pockets on the hip.. Umm, and maybe with a belt I could make that work! It's the hairstyle she's sporting that I'm a bit iffy about

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the Donna Karan dress too. I agree - it'd look great as a casual and evening dress.

    I'd love to see what you do with the other 3. Fun patterns.

    ReplyDelete