Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Life got in the way....

In a big, big way.

Needless to say my complete desertion of blogland over the last month or so was due to May being a Very Bad Month and one I am glad to see the back of.

I originally started this blog to write about sewing so I won’t go into any of the gory details but thanks for sticking around if you are still out there.

I almost gave up on the whole sewing/blogging shenanigans, I felt like I had been trying to do too many things somewhat halfheartedly and nothing was really getting my full attention, but when it came to the crunch I realised that this is the only thing that I do that is just for me and I need it!

But now some of the pressure is off, uni has finished for the semester (well there is that one assignment that is late but it will get finished ...eventually) so I can get back to some creative stuff.

But the big but is that my creative space has been a dumping ground recently. And just to prove it....


Why does this woman have what appears to be a beer keg in her living room?????

So I need to get my space in order before I can get my head around new projects.It’s going to be slow going but I am going to dedicate a small window of time everyday to see if I can get on top of it.
Wish me luck!

6 comments:

beangirl said...

I think the bigger question is "Why does this woman store stuffed animals in her beer keg?" Or maybe not.

I'll keep reading to find out.

Karin said...

Yes, I noticed the beer keg straight away. I think I'll stop complaining about my sewing-space plight!

I look forward to seeing what you make.

Melinda said...

Blogging shouldn't feel like work and that's the great thing about it - when you don't feel like blogging you don't have to.

Welcome back :)

Princess Martha said...

I noticed the beer keg straight away too...maybe I am just thirsty ;-) Oh yes, and get side tracked from blogging...it happens to us all, dont stress.

Clare said...

I'm an intermittent checker (and even less frequent blogger!). I love what you've made and shared so far and will continue to visit. Doesn't put me off at all that you're not a daily or even weekly poster!
Your sewing space is FAR more organised than mine. I have actual beer and a lifetime's supply of toilet paper stored in mine! A keg would be useful because I could put things on it.

sandra said...

Thank you for the lovely comments everyone, you've made my day (month)!
Beangirl: we have way too many stuffed animals, I think they are breeding at night while we sleep. Miss C thought a few of them needed a new home!
I still haven't found a place for the keg. It is actually empty, the Bloke tends to collect this kind of thing thinking that it will come in handy "one day".
Clare: now a lifetime's supply of toilet paper would actually be useful!!!