Sunday, August 8, 2010

Drum roll.........

I have made a decision! Thank you to everyone who posted a comment on my trench coat dilemma. I have managed to merge everyone’s suggestions into a solution (I think).

I am going to hold off on the trench coat and save it for when she is a bit bigger and will, fingers crossed, get a couple of years wear out of it. And I have replaced it with this peacoat from Burda’s January 2009 issue.



I like the slightly flared shape, which I think will sit nicely over the fuller, flared tops in the wardrobe and I think that this style is probably a bit more appropriate for a little’un!

So the plan is to use the last bit of my black chambray, line with the animal print and use my wool fabric to underline the lining (the Burda instructions suggest a quilted lining but I figure underlining the lining will do the trick).

And by the by, I just discovered the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection for kids via Bloesem Kids.
I would even like to wear some of those outfits myself!

3 comments:

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

I just love this style coat! The flare is great. Have fun making it!

Lorelle said...

Cute and very wearable.

Sandra said...

Oh, very sweet. I love this coat.