Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Excitement!

The samples are done, patterns tweaked and the production line has begun!



I have ended up with 4 styles, a skirt, tank top, smock and dress.
I wasn’t really looking forward to the production line sewing but am actually really enjoying it.
It has made me up my quality control, especially in the cutting and prep stage, and doing one technique (like applying binding to a neckline) repeatedly is great for perfecting my skills.
All to do now is set up shop online and reveal all!
I am setting up an Etsy shop but have to confess that I am a bit daunted by the enormity of it all – don’t suppose any experienced Etsians can offer some advice?!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Wow! It's all very impressive! I wish you every success and am looking forward to hearing more about your progress.

I have bought from Etsy, but never sold anything. I always wonder what you do if something doesn't sell? Are you allowed to give it away to a family member or something? Or do you get charged for de-listing?

Vanessa said...

I am excited for you! Actually, I look forward to seeing the finished product. It looks like you've got a good rhythm going on!

pip a la chic said...

I have my own Etsy store... what did you want to know?

Melinda said...

You have been busy - so excited to see the finished product!

sandra said...

Karin - if an item doesn't sell then I can gather you can do what you want with it, the Etsy site is basically a conduit for sellers and buyers so the seller retains ownership until an item sells.

Pip - thanks for your comment, I guess I was wondering if you would do anything differently at start up, or was there anything you learned the hard way!

And thanks Vanessa and Melinda for being excited for me. My excitement level tends to go from woohoo to oh no fairly quickly!