Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the season to be an old cranky pants

It is supposedly the second day of summer here and we have had nothing but rain – as in 4 inches in the last two days, which has put me in a decidedly grinch like mood.



Plus the whole household has come down with a nasty cold. So we have been stuck inside, filling the house with used tissues and half hearted craft projects and basically mooching around feeling sorry for ourselves.

The house is a mess, it’s starting to smell from being closed up and there doesn’t look like there is any end in sight.

What is usually great about having Christmas in summer; late afternoon barbeques, street festivals and lazing around on the verandah drinking beer and talking about the cricket doesn’t look like it will happen this year.

Bah humbug I think the phrase is.

And I have to make a whole load of Christmas presents. And decorations. And we don’t even know where we will be come Christmas day.

And I know lots of people have it far worse than us. Which makes me feel even worse about feeling so grumpy.

So if you happen to have any spare Christmas cheer at your place feel free to send some my way!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Why don't you know where you'll be? Feel better soon! There is lots of time to mend before Xmas.

tanitisis said...

Hmm, not sure which is worse, summer colds or Christmas colds. Both together---sucky!

It might just be my upbringing, but I actually find rain far more inconvenient and annoying than snow.

Hope your weather breaks and you all feel better soon!