Thursday, February 17, 2011

The battle plan

Judging by the comments from my last post, readers of this blog are uncommonly smart or my quizzes just aren’t hard enough!

Thank you for all of your nice comments; I am coming up to 20 weeks this week, so pretty much at the half way point. Early pregnancy is pretty dicey for me, we have had a few scares and hospital visits but so far all is looking good.

I have come to realise though that this is not going to be a ‘normal’ pregnancy. With Miss C I worked up until a week before she was born and pretty much ignored the whole pregnancy business except for vital doctor visits.

This time round though my ankles have already disappeared, the doctor has ordered me on light duties only (lucky that includes sewing) and I am the size of a small mini van, so I think some planning is in order.

And going by other people’s twin pregnancy experiences, I can probably expect to be unable to fit behind the wheel of a car or manage anything other than a walk around the block after 30 weeks or so.

Which means I have a scant 10 weeks to get things in order.

This is what I have on The Plan so far:
1. Make some more cloth nappies......like 20 or so. And covers.
2. Make 2 cot quilts.
3. Sew Miss C’s winter wardrobe.
4. Sew some things for the shop.
5. Sew some things for me.
6. Spend some quality time with Miss C.
7. Buy another freezer and cook 6 months worth of provisions.

I already feel like I am preparing for battle rather than babies!

4 comments:

KC said...

I am in awe of you.

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. Hope you are feeling alright.

TracyKM said...

Congratulations....That's quite a list to do, but I'm sure you can! (I know I'm behind here). One thing I don't see on the list is anything for babywearing! With twins, I'd think a good pouch or wrap would be a necessity for the first month (you can wear two at once in a wrap!), and then mei tais and ring slings can be your best friends. They saved my sanity with my third baby and she was only a single, LOL. You can wear one baby up to 35lb, and two until their combined weight is about the same.

sandra said...

Hi Tracy
Thanks for your comment, I recently bought a Moby wrap for babywearing the twins. It seemed to be the one that most people suggested for carrying 2 at once. I mostly used an Ergo for Miss C which was brilliant as she point blank refused to sleep anywhere other than on me for the first couple of months!And being winter here in Oz I think that carrying the babies as much as possible for the first month or so is going to be pretty necessary, so I hope the Moby will suit us.