Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Surviving the slump

January always seems to be a difficult month for me. As much as I love all the lead up to, and the fun and games of Christmas and New Year, January seems to be a vacuum of not much to do.

In Australia it is school holidays for the month, and living in a small country town, a lot of the services and activities that are usually available shut up shop, so we are pretty much left to make up our own fun. And while we have had swimming lessons and visitors and a bit of travelling scattered through the month, I have had zero motivation to do anything except the most essential chores.

But today is a new month, and Miss C’s first full day at preschool. Which means, as of today I have a whole 12 hours a week to MYSELF!!!!!!!! For the first time in 4 years. And as I am all too aware of the countless weekends and evenings I wasted doing nothing BC (before children), I am determined to make the most of this time.
So to get the unslumping started I treated myself to some brand new Vogue patterns courtesy of sewingpatterns.com recent sale.

They are all dresses and while some of these probably won’t factor into my immediate wardrobe, they will be nice for when I get back to work, and it will be satisfying to work on some more difficult projects now that I have the time.

So now I just have to wait for the postie to arrive, sort through the stash, put my feet up and have a cuppa!

Gosh it’s quiet here today! Might go see what the cat is doing!

2 comments:

lin3arossa said...

LOL! Well, enjoy the new life! 12 hours is a lot of time. How's your business coming along, by the way?

sandra said...

Hi there, business has been a bit neglected I am afraid, see next post for a clue as to why!