Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A big new project

Have you heard? Tessuti are having a sewing competition with $1000 megabucks prizemoney! Woohoo! And best of all you get to use this fabric to sew something for yourself! Woohoo again!



I was casting around for my next sewing project when I saw the comp announcement and bought my fabric straight away.

This of course does 1.break my promise to sew only from stash this year and 2. blow what little budget I had for notions and patterns for the rest of the year out the window. Ah well.

My fabric arrived yesterday, and now I just have to figure out what to make.

The fabric is divine, but what can best be described as spongey, so choosing the right pattern might take some time. My first thoughts are a dress, as that is what my wardrobe is lacking, so tomorrow I will brave the unorganised pattern and magazine stash to see what I can figure out.

Wish me luck. I may be gone for some time.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent, I'm certain you will come up with the perfect pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck good luck. And please don't tempt me! I have enough to do already.

    I can't wait to see what you're going to settle on and am fascinate by 'spongey' fabric. Oh and I really like the print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck good luck. And please don't tempt me! I have enough to do already.

    I can't wait to see what you're going to settle on and am fascinate by 'spongey' fabir. Oh and I really ylike the print.

    ReplyDelete