Sunday, March 17, 2013

This aint the dress.....





Eeeyew! I wonder how long I have had old lady hands for!

It could be quite a nice dress, if I go down a size and if I make it in the right fabric, like say a nice lightweight black linen, but it’s definitely not the right dress for Gridlock.

I bought this pattern (a surprisingly restrained Anna Sui for Vogue) aeons ago and have always wondered how it would look made up.

I toiled the size 12 in calico, and I really just need to make a 10, and it will be quite a nice shift style dress.

All the pieces go together quite nicely, the instructions are straightforward and I really like the curved pocket detail on the front. The gathered neckline though just won’t work for the Gridlock fabric, which is way too thick, so I will have to look for a pattern that has no gathering, pleating and with only 2 weeks to go, not too many seams!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear that it is huge but look forward to seeing it in the smaller size as that curved pocket on the front is a great detail. Now two weeks, not to many seams you are giving yourself a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon, it will be a nice dress in the future! The SWAP deadline is looming as well isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is and I'm wondering if I will make it but fingers crossed Easter will see the Trench finished!

    ReplyDelete