Thursday, August 29, 2013

New/old jumpsuit as a cami

I managed to churn out another version of the vintage McCalls that I used for Miss C’s jumpsuit. I had the intention of making a dress, but I didn’t cut the skirt with enough fullness, so we decided to make it into a cami instead, which I think will actually end being much more wearable than a dress.

Pattern
                                                  
Fabric
Vintage cotton check from the stash. The check was way off grain, so I didn’t’ even attempt to match checks on the horizontal, and I could have been a little more careful placing the centre front of the bodice in a better position. I used a little scrap of vintage orange ric rac, vintage seersucker for the button tab and straps, and Miss C chose the buttons from the stash. So all up another stash project done!

So that means I have made this pattern twice in two weeks, and I think I am done.
Do you have a threshold when sewing from patterns? I think sometimes I end up trying to do too many variations too soon, and end up with sewing binge and then I can’t bear to look at the pattern again! So I think I will put this back in the pattern tub for when the twins are the right age for it.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute camisole and love the pop of orange. I think I have made 8 versions of V 8572 and can still see a few more happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 8 versions is really getting good value from a pattern!I think my best effort is 4 versions of a Cynthia Rowley Simplicity pattern, but looking at my planning for summer I am going to try mostly using patterns I have used before. I am hoping to get more sewing done that way!

    ReplyDelete