|Too much Christmas pud styling!|
|Footy playing styling!|
Pattern: Simplicity 7127
I made a few alterations to the pattern. Lengthened the dress to ankle length, this meant reducing the flare a tad so that the pattern piece would fit on the fabric. Omitted the pockets, used a grey marle ribbing to finish the neckline and armholes instead of bias binding and took the side seams in by 1.5cm as my fabric was a stretch instead of a woven.
Fabric: Vintage blue and white knit. Most probably some kind of cotton blend. This was a huge piece that I found at my local op shop. It was about 3m for the princely sum of $3, and I still have enough of a bit left for a tank top or a mini.
Sewing: Not much to say about this really. It is just two shoulder seams, two side seams, finishing the neckline and hem. I did everything on my four thread overlocker, except for the hem and topstitching, which I did on my regular machine.
All up, I am pretty happy with this. The dress cost me less than $5 and I am sure I will get a lot of wear out of this. I didn't prewash the fabric though, so I really hope nothing scary happens when it does go through the wringer!