Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Not skinny enough


I am talking about my pants of course! These were made using Vogue 8837, and the pants in the Vogue pic are much much skinnier than mine!

                               
I was after a skinny, stretchy pant with an elastic waist, that was a bit more substantial than a legging. I don't know about you, but while I love the look and comfort of leggings, I always feel that there is not enough fabric between me and the world when I am wearing them! I don't mind so much at home, but I always feel a little exposed if I wear them out of the house.
                                                 
And I really only chose to use this fabric to make my first pair because firstly, I had it in the stash, secondly, its black and white and will go with just about everything in my wardrobe, and thirdly, it is a very similar stretch to some denim that I have that I will use for my next pair. I am considering the option of dyeing them though as they are so very loud!
So while I am feeling a bit meh about these, they will get worn quite a bit and I will definately use this pattern again.
The full pattern review is here and in other news, the maxi dress is done, I am just dithering over whether to sew elastic to the waist or not.
Oh, and if I am looking a tad more surly than usual in these pics, that's because they were taken between dinner and bath time, not my finest hour for looking my best! And, if the tone of this post seems a little more surly than usual, it is past 11pm and the twins have only just gone to sleep!

5 comments:

  1. Once again, I am so impressed by your sewing ability...those trousers are fab and I'm loving the detail on your maxi dress. You are one talented lady. Ax PS your girls are SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stylish pants and I wouldn't dye them! Your maxi is looking impressive, look forward to seeing whether you put the elastic at the waist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your pants, especially with the red heels. Funnily enough the last pair of pants I made I expected them to be tighter fitting too - maybe pattern drafters are being too cautious? And I hear you on the crankiness that children refusing to go to sleep can cause - it is second only to them waking during the night and taking their sweet time going back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the model's legs are fatter than yours! Ha ha, looking at a positive here. I think they look great in that fabric and with the red shoes too. I would never wear leggings out of the house unless they were under a long tunic! Maybe I would if I looked like Elle McPherson though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I am feeling a bit happier with these, I have worn them around town and I didn't feel nearly as self conscious as I thought I would! I def won't dye them now, that just seems like too much trouble for a pair of everyday pants!

    ReplyDelete