Friday, December 6, 2013

Simplicity 1693


When your kid shouts out “Ooooh Mum are you making me a new nightie?” when you are in fact making yourself a new top, it does kinda diminish your enthusiasm for the project pretty quickly!

                                        
Admittedly, I did intend this to be a knocking around the house top, and I had a whole heap of this fabric, and it has turned very hot all of a sudden, so all up I am not too disappointed that Miss C thinks this fabric is better suited to sleepwear!
                                                           

Here are the details:
Pattern
Simplicity 1693. I made View C in a size 12.

Fabric
                                        
Vintage cotton print from the stash. It has quite a crisp handle, even after prewashing, which I don’t think is necessarily the best kind of fabric for this style. A softer fabric with a better drape would probably work better.

Notes
I didn’t need to do any fit alterations for this pattern, which I am really thrilled about. I bought this pattern on sale a while ago, with the intention of it being a good basic pattern that I could use for summer. The fit is great, the wide neckline is very flattering and there is good coverage over the shoulder.
I changed the elastic casing detail to a waist frill, see my review here, and while I am mostly happy with this, I don’t think that the placement of the frill is really in the right spot for me, and I am not sure if it needs to be higher or lower.
Err.........taxi?
I have cut out View E in a wide stripe so it will be interesting to see how this one will turn out.





 


1 comment:

  1. Perfect cotton top for summer and maybe the frill needs to raised a little?

    ReplyDelete