Thursday, February 6, 2014

Simplicity 1693 The stripe version

I have quite a few sewing projects leftover from 2013 that I haven’t posted about yet. I did actually get a surprising amount of sewing done amidst the last minute shopping, end of year school business, sewing for others and general pre Christmas mayhem.

I mentioned before that I started this top and here it is finished. 



I like this version much better than my first one. Here are the details

Pattern
Simplicity 1693. This is View F in a size 12


Fabric
Some kind of cotton blend. This was a funny shaped piece from the op shop. I don’t know the exact content, but there is definitely some synthetic in there. It has a bit of a seersucker feel to it and has a lovely drape.

Notes
I made this straight out of the envelope and I am pretty happy with the result. I can get the top on over my head without needing the CB closure, so when I make this again I will cut the back on the fold and not worry about a closure.


This top has been on weekly rotation since it came off the sewing machine. December and January have been ridiculously hot here, and this top was just perfect. I only hope the mystery fabric stands up to multiple wears and washing!

2 comments:

  1. Love this little top and it looks so cool and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric score, and the shape of your top looks absolutely ideal for our hot weather!

    ReplyDelete