Friday, April 11, 2014

Seven!

I have been sewing like a demon for KCW this week (in amongst the glitter frenzy of making 3 Easter hats for the school parade that is), and have managed to complete a dress and a third and final sample of my flouncy skirt pattern for Miss C.

Hopefully the rain will hold off over the weekend and I can get some good shots.

But in the meantime, here is a flashback to a top that I made Miss C for her seventh birthday earlier this year. And I don’t know if I should be proud or embarrassed to say that this is the first promised garment for a special occasion that actually got made in time for said special occasion!




Pattern
Is from Burdastyle 06/2011. I made the 116cm size and it is a great fit on Miss C who was exactly 116cm tall when I made it a few months ago.





Fabric
A lovely lightweight cotton chambray that was leftover from this shirt.

Sewing notes
Not much to say about this, it was a pretty straightforward top to sew. The frilly bits and the straps took a bit of time but were not particularly difficult. And while Burda’s instructions were typically brain numbingly confusing, the pattern drafting is excellent.

And while I made this for summer, it is proving to be a good between seasons top, as it looks good over t-shirts and skivvies and leggings.


And thank you for the interest in the skirt pattern. I have cleaned it up, scanned it and it is now almost ready to go. Just needs a final print and tape check to make sure the file is good and it should be up on the blog sometime next week!

No comments: