Sunday, April 13, 2014

Kids Clothes Week Day 7

Phew! The house is a diabolical mess, but I did manage to get two garments completed for Miss C for this coming season. Some days I could only just manage to get an hour of sewing done, other days I managed a bit more, but all up I am pretty happy with what she has hanging in the wardrobe.

Because it is Sunday, and I have promised the family that there will be dinner on the table at a reasonable hour tonight, I will just show off a few pics and a bit of info about the garments for now.




Pattern
Burdastyle 12/2011
Size 122cm

Fabric
Grey marle cotton jersey from The Remnant Warehouse.

Sewing notes
A very easy pattern to sew, and for once Burda’s instructions are pretty easy to follow.
Pattern Review is here with all the details.




Pattern
Mine! Roughly an Australian size 6.

Fabric
Black cotton chambray. It is probably a tad stiff for this style, but hopefully it will soften a bit with wear and tear.

Sewing notes

An easy, quick sew. I topstitched the seams with light grey thread. This is my third version of this skirt, and I am pretty happy with the pattern now, so I shall be releasing it into the wild this week!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Seven!

I have been sewing like a demon for KCW this week (in amongst the glitter frenzy of making 3 Easter hats for the school parade that is), and have managed to complete a dress and a third and final sample of my flouncy skirt pattern for Miss C.

Hopefully the rain will hold off over the weekend and I can get some good shots.

But in the meantime, here is a flashback to a top that I made Miss C for her seventh birthday earlier this year. And I don’t know if I should be proud or embarrassed to say that this is the first promised garment for a special occasion that actually got made in time for said special occasion!




Pattern
Is from Burdastyle 06/2011. I made the 116cm size and it is a great fit on Miss C who was exactly 116cm tall when I made it a few months ago.





Fabric
A lovely lightweight cotton chambray that was leftover from this shirt.

Sewing notes
Not much to say about this, it was a pretty straightforward top to sew. The frilly bits and the straps took a bit of time but were not particularly difficult. And while Burda’s instructions were typically brain numbingly confusing, the pattern drafting is excellent.

And while I made this for summer, it is proving to be a good between seasons top, as it looks good over t-shirts and skivvies and leggings.


And thank you for the interest in the skirt pattern. I have cleaned it up, scanned it and it is now almost ready to go. Just needs a final print and tape check to make sure the file is good and it should be up on the blog sometime next week!